July 5, 2016
I would like to present to you the 2017 Hoops in Hawaii Classics (for the ’17-’18 season). Produced by College Tournaments Hawaii, LLC. in partnership with Sports Travel Hawaii, LLC. and sponsored by Hawaii Pacific University. Classics will be held on the island of O’ahu.
We are just getting going on 2017 prep and for the first time will be offering a $1,500 guarantee to any schools committing by August 15, 2016 via contract and a $2,000 deposit. A $750 guarantee will be granted to schools committing by November 15, 2016.
The inaugural 2015 Classics this past season went excellent on the Men’s side with Hawaii Pacific University (NCAA DII), Western Washington University (NCAA DII), Freed-Hardeman University (NAIA), CSU-San Marcos (NCAA DII) and Grace Bible College (NCCAA) having participated.
The upcoming 2016 Classics will include an inaugural women’s field with six women’s NCAA DIII teams (Whitman College, North Central College, Wisconsin Lutheran College, Chapman University, University of Redlands and Occidental College).
We look forward to expanding the women’s side in 2017 and would love to have you as a part of it.
WHEN: (there is some flexibility with dates)
Hoops in Hawaii Thanksgiving Classic, November 22-25, 2017
Hoops in Hawaii Holiday Classic, December 16-19, 2017 (NCAA DII’s: please note the moratorium period begins December 20, 2017)
– Men’s and Women’s Basketball; NCAA DII, NCAA DIII, NAIA, NCCAA, USCAA and all other non-NCAA DI institutions.
- Each Classic will consist of 4-8 teams
- Each team will play 2 games of pre-determined opponents.
- Teams will secure entry on a first come first serve basis
– 2017 travel packages are currently being set with our partnering hotels. We will customize to your teams needs and desires to form a per head rate. Factors that affect the per head rate include travel party size, departing city, length of stay, hotel of choice, number of rooms, number of vans/cars, luau, etc.
– Included in the packages are one practice, two games and walkthrus (upon availability), as well as Classic Tshirts, Coaches Aloha Shirts, game film, and assistance with setting up any discounted team meals with our sponsoring eating establishments.
– Flights quotes will not be able to be made until inside of 330 days of travel (approximately 1/1/17 for Thanksgiving participants) per airline regulations. Sports Travel Hawaii, LLC. (our partnering travel agency) puts it up for bid with all the major airlines and goes through a negotiating period on behalf of your team. They’ve typically been able to get tickets for $100-$200 cheaper (per ticket) then what teams have been coming up with when trying to book on their own for comparison purposes.
Please see www.collegetournamentshawaii.com for more Classic information. Sports Travel Hawaii’s site is www.sportstravelhawaii.com.
Travel party (Coaches/Players/Admin/Athletic Trainer) will be required to use Sports Travel Hawaii, LLC. They are an established full service travel agency run with extensive local knowledge. They have preferred rates with major airlines as well as over 20 hotels in Waikiki to suit your specific needs and most importantly save you money. These huge savings in essence serve as “guarantee” money in cutting costs for your travel.
College Tournaments Hawaii and Sports Travel Hawaii has partnered with three hotels that offered great rates for teams participating in these Classics. Sports Travel Hawaii will also book and plan ground transportation and utilize contacts with businesses to offer activities (Lei greeting at Airport, Luau, Pearl Harbor, Shows, Theme Parks, water activities, etc.) of your choosing for your team. One stop shop, no headaches or wasted hours of trip prep time on your end. We will take care of it all so that you can concentrate on just Coaching.
Boosters have an option and are highly encouraged to use Sports Travel Hawaii for the same great rates and convenience of traveling and staying with the team as well as experiencing the many activities on O’ahu with them too. Admission to all games as well as a Classic Tshirt will be included for any Boosters booking through our services.
Let me know should you have interest in bringing your team to Hawaii. We’ll make the process easy and get you two matchups to your liking.
Julian Nakanishi, Tournament Director, College Tournaments Hawaii; Owner
Linelle Hanawahine, Sports Travel Hawaii; Owner